Happy New Year!! After all the holiday celebrations, I’m not complaining but they seemed to last longer than usual this year :), I for one am looking forward to eating some lighter cuisine for a while. This is a great recipe for a nice lunch or an afternoon snack. Remember, avocado is not just for guacamole anymore;)
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Remove the peel and slice into evenly cut slices. Lightly toss avocado in lemon juice.
2. Slice tomatoes and sprinkle with salt.
3. Layer tomato slices, avocado slices, and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.