This is a topic I haven’t spoken too much about recently. I receive a lot of questions about which supplements to take for everything ranging from fat loss to joint health. While this is definitely not a full report on supplements I can tell you that most of them out there are worthless.
What does supplement mean?
Let’s remember that supplement means “extra.” This means that you probably shouldn’t be taking anything until you have the basics in order. It makes zero sense to take a fat loss supplement when you aren’t exercising consistently or are eating like crap. One of my favorite professors in college (Hey Professor Lamonda!) said, “Nothing burns fat like physical exercise.”
The few that do work
I’m not saying that these are the only ones that work but this is all I took during my 6 Week Transformation. It was also easier on the wallet than taking 10 different things.
- Multi Vitamin/Mineral formula – While I was on a pretty well balanced nutrition plan, I took a multi to act as a nutritional insurance policy. I wanted to make sure I got all my essential nutrients.
- Whey Protein – I also took the TBBC Whey Protein on a regular basis, especially post workout and whenever a food protein wasn’t accessible or convenient (i.e. when getting up at 5 to train clients). The whey protein helped me to build muscle and improve performance. TBBC Whey is not to be confused with your typical protein sitting on shelves for months and is possibly 2 years old! It is high quality stuff!
- Fish oil – I also took a couple of fish oil pills each day. Omega 3s have been shown to…
- Improve cardio health
- Decrease inflammation
- Improve joint health
- Increase mental focus
- Increase fat metabolism
- and much more
There you have it. Very basic! The most important thing is to treat your body like a temple and before you know it, you’ll be astonished by your results.
If you are a new client and haven’t yet registered for the 6 Week Transformation Program, what are you waiting for? I can’t guarantee we will have a spot but registration closes at 5 PM today. If you call and don’t get a live person (sorry), please leave a message with the best time to call you back.
The entire Transformation is $249 and includes…
- 6 weeks unlimited Boot Camp
- TBBC Nutritional Journal ($20 value)
- 10 Keys to a Successful Transformation Report
- Unlimite Motivation
Billy Hofacker, BS, NSCA-CPT