Melissa and I love to go out to eat – who doesn’t 🙂 Lot’s of the big box restaraunts offer that creamy artichoke dip that some may think is healthy (it’s a vegetable right LOL). These are loaded with calories and unhealthy fat. As the name suggests, this AMAZING dip gives you all the pleasure, without all the guilt. Great for a snack or as an appetizer. Bring it over next time you get a party invite – it will be the first thing gone!
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz. can whole artichoke hearts, drained, and cut into quarters
- 2 small avocados
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. shelled hemp seeds (i.e., hemp hearts)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sliced Veggies of your choice to dip!
1. Add the kale and olive oil to a skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Cook until kale is wilted and tender (5-6 minutes).
3. Transfer the kale to a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces. Let cool.
4. While the kale is cooling, put avocado (not pit or peel) into a food processor with the lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
5. In a bowl, combine the avocado mixture, kale, and artichoke hearts and gently mix.
6. Transfer the dip to a serving dish and serve immediately with sliced veggies!