One of the biggest barriers to success for most people is time. We just don’t seem to have enough of it. If we could only have a bit more time in the day then we could do the important things we know we should be doing like preparing a healthy meal or going for a walk.
While I can’t give you more time, I can certainly help it seem that way. The way to do this is by managing yourself and your finite energy rather than time.
This way you’ll be freed up to spend time with the people most important to you as well do the things you know will produce lasting results.
My goal is just to help you create awareness. Take the following quiz and see how you rate. It’s not about passing or failing but about hopefully will be an eye opener. You’ll see that you’ve mastered social media and it doesn’t have any control over you or that there is an opportunity to change. If that’s the case, try to eliminate that habit for 30 days and see how much better you feel. Enjoy!
Take The Addiction Quiz. Circle Y for Yes or N for No:
1. Do you sometimes bring your smartphone, tablet or laptop with you while you sit on the toilet? Y/N
2. Do you freak out if you’re in a car and your smartphone is in your bag, inaccessible? Y/N
3. Have you ever changed vacation plans based on Wi-Fi availability? Y/N
4. Do you check your personal Facebook account/notifications while at work? Y/N
5. Do you often login to Facebook when you are out socially with others? Y/N
6. When you post an update on Facebook, are you disappointed if no one comments on it (be honest!) Y/N
7. Do you ever tell a friend in person to check your Facebook page to learn what’s new with you? Y/N
8. Do you text or check email while driving even though you know it’s worse than if you were driving drunk? Y/N
9. Do you tweet, email, text or read blogs while watching movies or TV at home? Y/N
10. Do you touch your phone before touching your spouse when you wake up in the morning? Y/N
Would love to hear a takeaway and which one you intend to change. Comment and let me know!
Billy Hofacker – Owner & Transformation Coach at Total Body Boot Camp – BS, CSCS