I know it’s summer but it’s always a good time for soup!
Check out this awesome recipe for Asparagus soup. Delicious and healthy!
We are hyoooooooge fans of almost any kind of soup at the Hofacker household!
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Asparagus Soup (Servings 2-4)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1lb. asparagus spears
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups organic, low-sodium chicken stock
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
1. Snap ends off asparagus. Shave 3 spears with a vegetable peeler to create ribbons, set aside. Chop remaining asparagus.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add chopped asparagus and cauliflower and cook for about 3 more minutes.
3. Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes until cauliflower is very tender.
4. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and serve garnished with shaved raw asparagus and fresh pepper.