Chia Seed Cereal
Chia Seeds are not just for making pets!
Let me start off by saying “YES”, they are the same seeds you would use to make a Chia Pet! But who knew the exceptional added benefit to eating a nutritious Chia Cereal. It’s simple to make and will have you satisfied in no time.
Some of the added benefits include:
- Aids in digestion
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Accelerates weight loss
- Cleanses the bowels
- Listed as a Superfood
- Good Vegan protein source
- Said to be good for diabetics
- Also said to treat anxiety
3 Tablespoons of (Organic) Chia Seeds
3/4 cup of hot water or almond milk
Fruit or nuts of your choosing
Raw organic honey (to sweeten, if desired)
Here’s how to make it:
- Place the Chia seeds and (boiling or warm liquid) in a bowl. Let it sit for 4 min.
- Top with nuts or fruits of choice.
- Add honey to taste.
You can make all sorts of variations and flavor it in your own desired way.
Estimated nutritional values for 3 tablespoons worth of Chia seeds:
Total Fat 7.5g
Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
Protein 4.5 g
All values sourced from The Earth Diet
Written by Steven Fleischer