I have an awesome recipe for you this weekend. We eat a lot of chicken and we LOVE stews! Yummy! Give this one a try.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 x 16-oz. cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 canned plum tomatoes, drained (organic if possible)
- 1 x 14-ounce low sodium chicken broth (organic if possible)
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (alreadycooked)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for about
5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute.
3. Add the beans, water, tomatoes, and broth. Increase heat to high until stew begins to
4. Reduce heat; let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring. Add more water, if needed.
5. Stir in the spinach, and cook until wilted.
6. Add chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.