This one pot meal will please the most finicky of eaters and to make it even more convenient all the cooking is done while you’re at work, the game, TBBC, or just lounging around 🙂 This chicken literally falls apart when ready to serve, guaranteed to become one of the family favorites!
· 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
· 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 teaspoons salt
· 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
· 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· 1/2 cup white wine
· In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and lemon peel. Loosen skin around the chicken breast, leg and thigh. Rub the cilantro mixture under and over the skin. Rub any remaining mixture into the cavity. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
· Place in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Add wine to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken to a serving platter; cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat and thicken juices if desired. Serve with chicken.