I do! And they’re so good for you especially if you make them yourself. They can do wonders for maintaining healthy gut bacteria which is crucial for digestion and a host of other functions. It’s so easy too. If I can do it, anyone can! I made 2 jars a few weeks ago and have been eating one almost every day.
What you need:
- Garlic and dill – possibly mustard seed, vinegar, hot peppers
- Quart sized glass jar
- Start with under-ripe cucumber
- Cut stem off
- Halve the cucumber
- Use 3-4 cucumbers
- Pack w/ dill and garlic and if you want to include anything else
- Use a quart of water and TBSP to 1.5 TBSPs of salt
- Leave at room temp. for at least 2 days. Burp every day or so by opening for a sec.
- Will last for weeks or even months in the fridge
- Thank me for introducing you to the deliciousness!
If you don’t want to ferment your own pickles, bunt want a delicious pickle meal, try these Pickle Sliders!