|Everyone is always looking for new and inventive breakfast ideas. This |
one is awesome:) Of course, eggs aren’t just for breakfast anymore! Try
this for lunch or dinner as well. I know beets are not the fav for most
but besides being high in nutrients and low in calories, they help reduce
blood pressure (it is Heart Health month!) and increase oxygen into the
blood stream which helps to boost the workouts!
- 1 lb. beets, washed, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
- Beet greens (from 6 beets), chopped
- 5-6 kale leaves, ribs removed, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Handful fresh parsley
- 3-4 fried eggs
1. In a fry pan, put in diced raw beets and potatoes with plus enough water to cover them (about 3 cups). Season with salt and bring to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside the beets and potatoes.
3. In the same pan, add olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add in kale and beet greens, and cook until wilted (2- 3 mins). Set aside.
5. Heat oil in the fry pan over med-high heat. Add back potatoes and beets and press firmly into a layer, and allow the veggies to brown. Once crispy, flip to the other side.
6. Add kale and beet greens, stirring to combine. Let the entire mixture crisp up for another few minutes.
7. Top with 3-4 fried eggs and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!!