Temperatures are rising, time to get that grill fired up 🙂 I know, I know, it’s not exactly Spring yet but I’m an optimist and the thermometer is definitely moving in the right direction! For all of you that are not into the corned beef and cabbage today, try these tasty skewers out 😉
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 clove garlic
- 5 small onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper.
2. Set aside a few tablespoons before adding the chicken (to brush kabobs while cooking)
3. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
4. Preheat the grill on high heat.
5. Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables and discard marinade. Alternate placing the veggies and chicken on the skewers.
6. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Brush frequently with marinade and flip often. Remove from the grill when juices run clear.