Lifetime Training With The Best Trainer For
The Cost Of One Session
**Jack and Jill are fictional people as fraternal twins cannot be identical. 😉
Order a HR Monitor now.
Monitoring your heart rate during exercise is one of the most important things you can do if you are serious about your safety and results. Let me explain with an example.
Jack and Jill are twins and decide they want to get in shape. Jack is a hard nosed guy and works hard. He doesn’t care about the science. He just knows he has to bust his butt to get results. He decides he doesn’t need a trainer and will just do workouts he finds online. Jill has a different personality from her twin and wants to do things the right way. She realizes that while some hard work will be required, the key is working smarter. She decides to hire me and use a heart rate monitor to gauge her progress.
They continue to train for a few months. Jack works as hard as possible during each workout while Jill takes a more scientific approach carefully monitoring things like heart rate and percentage of fat burned during exercise. A funny thing happens after 3 months of training. Jill is feeling great, has lost a significant amount of body fat, and her heart (her most important muscle) is much stronger. Jack gets really frustrated because he worked so hard and didn’t see similar results. In fact, he feels burned out and has developed pain in his knees and ankles. Neither of them changes their approach and Jill experiences a lifetime of fitness and happiness while Jack endures a lackluster life filled with pain. Sorry. No Hollywood ending for Jack.
What really happened with Jack and Jill?
Jill turned out to be spot on. Jacks approach was dead wrong especially for the long term. While Jack simply used his own perception to gauge things, he wasn’t able to…
- Work at proper intensity levels
- Accurately measure his progress
- Communicate with his trainer as well (even if he had a qualified fit pro)
- Maximize his time – In fact, much of his time was wasted on extra exercise that didn’t produce results anyway.
- Determine progress – This is because he had no idea where he was starting from.
- See immediate results – Although external changes may take a little time, cardiovascular changes can happen very quickly if exercise is programmed properly.
Enter the Heart Rate Monitor
Jill’s secret was that she used a heart rate monitor. Unfortunately, many people don’t follow the overload and progression principles. These principles basically say that you need to challenge yourself a little more than you’re used to and do this consistently over time. If your intensity is too low, you can put in all the time in the world but you’ll be spinning your wheels. If your intensity is perpetually too high you run the risk of over training (a bad thing) and/or possibly injury.
Who Should Use a HR Monitor?
I highly recommend you use a HR monitor if you want to…
- Burn more calories in the same amount of time
- Avoid guessing your work intensity
- Increase your motivation to exercise
- Understand the numbers that make exercise valuable and create accountability
- Know data such as calories burned, average heart rate, time in target zone, etc.
- Have different workout types to make exercise more fun
- Increase cardiovascular conditioning and reduce chance of cardiovascular disease
- Lower your resting heart rate
- Increase your overall metabolism and body efficiency
- Provide the right mixes of aerobic (longer time spent) and anaerobic (higher intensity) exercise to increase V02 Max and LT (lactate threshold).
- Avoid over training
Which HR monitor?
While there are many HR monitors, I prefer the RS100 which is the one we carry. I like the RS100 because of its unique lap function feature which allows you to determine your average heart rate over the course of several circuits or rounds. This is invaluable info. You can also calculate your average heart rate recovery (also invaluable to your training).
Order your RS100 now for only $109.95 (plus tax) (about the investment of 1 training session) and reach your fitness goals smarter and faster! You can also order your RS100 now by calling (631) 225-7831 or stopping in a TBBC near you.
TBBC Transformation Coach
P.S. Heart rate monitoring can be a game changer for you. Stop spinning your wheels and invest in a RS100 now.