With our first snow of the season, many of you would like to add a bit more color into the drab winter scene. These are delicious for any meal, or as a side, in fact Melissa and I are planning to use these as a colorful addition to our Thanksgiving table.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (organic if possible, separated into individual leaves)
- 1/2 cup beet store bought hummus (no preservatives)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- Water to thin, if needed
1. Prepare sauce by whisking tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Add water 1 tbsp. at a time, until dressing thickness is to your liking. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Set aside.
2. Arrange lettuce “boats” on a platter, and begin filling with 1-2 tbsp. of hummus. Top with lots of veggies!
3. Drizzle the dressing over the top, and serve!