You all know Raquel always has some of the greatest healthy recipes and here is her latest just in time for summer and outdoor grilling.
– 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
– 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
– 2 tsp lime zest
– 1/4 cup agave nectar
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– 1 clove finely minced garlic
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, add or remove to your tastes)
Wisk above ingredients together in bowl and marinate chicken in bowl or ziplock bag for at least 4 hours in refrigerator. Grill chicken on medium high heat until juices run clear. You can also use a lightly oiled pan if an outside grill in not available.
Cherry Salsa Ingredients:
– 1 cup pitted cherries, quartered
– 2 tbsp fined chopped red onion
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
– 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
– juice of one lime
– salt to taste
Mix above ingredients and set aside, this can be made well in advance and refrigerated. Serve over or along side the grilled chicken.